Sunday 29 November 2015

A CONFESSION....OF SORTS

The Blue Touchpaper19 September 2015 at 07:59
  • Even more to come. D Day is 1st. November,a massive start to Guy Fawkes celebrations.
    Bangers and Smash.

There has been lots of publicity recently about "blue touch paper", much of it just a lot of hot air, especially from NWP, an MP, an ex Newsagent, an ex Journalist and a Solicitor.  The simple explanation lies below.

Dear old me, Naughty Nigel is, as in the past, owning up to being the SOLE AUTHOR of the "blue touch paper" comment.  No one else is or was involved.   However, it was fun watching the reaction of the aforementioned MP et al, and the NWP running round like blue assed flies, the exercise must have done them good.  Just a shame that all the mistakes they made are going to cost them dear.   Maybe they won't be friends with me anymore!

to light the touch paper or or to light the blue touch paper

Definitions

  1. (British) if someone lights the touch paper or lights the blue touch paper, they do something which causes anger or excitement   ⇒  example ■ This kind of remark is guaranteed to light the blue touch paper with some Conservative politicians.

Unlike my last Blog, there is no intention of bringing this one to a close, just because of one small (for me) article.

Still madly in love with my Beanie Babies who adorn my double bed at Sandcastles.
.

2 comments:

  1. You naughty, naughty boy Nigel. I shall have to put you across my knee and give your big bottom a good tanning. Love from Uncle Bryan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Nigel, you are awful, but I like you anyway. Love Laura

    ReplyDelete