Monday 29 August 2016

WHAT A LOVELY PART TIME JOB

You have probably read somewhere on the Internet about my activities as a Police informant.   Where I worked was an ideal place to observe the goings on in the center of town.   The confines of the shop itself and the back room provided a suitable theatre to get chit chat and information.  The back room was to get the really good stuff and pass anything on to mates in the force.   There is some confusion about the standing of those who pass on information, as I did, so here is a short explanation.

Informant: Individuals who are not employed as law enforcement agents and who provide the Police and other Authorities with information, often in exchange for money. An informant ordinarily has previous involvement in – and more intimate knowledge of – the movement, the person or organization that the agents are investigating.
Cooperating Witness: Similar to informants, except that cooperating witnesses usually agree to ‘flip’ or ‘snitch’ after being threatened with prosecution. Cooperating witnesses will testify in court in exchange for lesser or no charges filed against them.
So there you have it, more about how I used to amuse myself, and yet none of those I grassed on even suspected I was involved in their problem!
.

No comments:

Post a Comment